casinos games Roulette
Roulette is among the most played, and most widely recognized casino games, both in physical casinos and in online casinos. Canadians and practically everyone around the world knows this game, and many of the online gamblers actually love it. The colorful wheel, the handsome table and the thrill you feel when the ball drops are the most important factors which make this casino game to be one of the highly-praised games. Also, the good winning chances also enhance its popularity, and if continue to read, you can learn how to get the most out of it, and of course, how to play at all!
The difference: machine vs. man
Online casinos use an automatic mechanism, an algorithm to run their roulette tables. The random generator used by these casinos is not rigged or tempered, and pure chance decides where the ball stops. Though some say that roulette games are not realistic, and the chances are altered, we have to say: it’s just silly to believe these conspiracies. The strict legal and technological rules that bind the casinos make it impossible to alter their games: if they get caught, they lose players, their reputation falls, and eventually they lose money… and a lot at that. However, if you don’t trust the computers, you can always have fun with live dealer roulette. Via a video stream, you can actually see a croupier spinning the wheel and dropping the ball. There is no tempering in that. One side-note though: live dealer roulette games usually have higher bet threshold. You can check our list of top casinos for canadian players, we suggest Jackpot City Casino, they have a great welcome bonus.
Roulette game variations
There are three types of roulette games, and they are all available at those online casinos we managed to visit up to date. They have slightly different rules and features, and while some are harder to beat, there is one that has a lower house edge. Here they are:
- American Roulette: The wheel of an American roulette table has numbers from 1 to 36. It has three colors – black, red, and green. Also, the American roulette has two green slots a simple zero (0) and a double zero (00). This means that house has a higher edge because the two zeros lower the black-red chance rate.
- European Roulette: the basic roulette type, almost every online roulette strategy is based on this. The numbers range from 1-36, and half of them are red, and the other half are black. One zero is featured, so there is almost a 50%-50% chance for black or red, thus the house edge is lower.
- French Roulette: the French roulette has the same wheel as the European version, however, the table is laid out differently. This changes how you could place your bets, but the core features of the game are the same.
How to play roulette online
Here is a base roulette tip: don’t play American roulette if you don’t want to lose much. Here are the steps on how to play online roulette:
- Decide which roulette version you want to play.
- Choose your bet’s size (usually $0.10 is the minimum for numbers, for other $1 is the minimum at most casinos).
- Place the bet, and click on “Spin”.
- Pray to any God you believe in to make the ball stop where you want it to stop.
- If you win, you can either “let it ride” (the bet and the winnings stay on the table) or you can cash in and place another bet.
- If you lose, you can go on for another roll, or play something else.
Yes, playing roulette online is just as easy as it seems!
The different roulette bets and the odds
Depending on your preferred playing style, you can pick from several betting options on roulette. On the Internet, there are many betting strategies, and though people claim they work, they are not the Holy Grail: simple mathematic chances. Let’s see how you can place your best:
- Pick a single number: the worst thing to do, as it has a very low chance to work. There is about 3% chance that from the 36 numbers and a zero it will be your number where the ball stops. However, it has the highest payout rate of 35:1
- Pick multiple numbers: this isn’t optimal either, but the more numbers you bet on, the better chances you have. As you select more number, the chances increase, but the payout decreases. With betting on six numbers, you have maximum 16% chance to win, and the payout is only 5:1.
- Columns or dozens: you can place your best on either a column (a column of numbers, there is three of these) or you can pick a dozen (a dozen of numbers, e.g. 1-12, 13-21, 22-36). There is about 32% chance that the ball will stop in a slot that’s in the chosen dozen or column. The payout is always 2:1. It’s the least worse option to bet.
- Area bets: you can pick low (1-18) or high (19-36) areas. You don’t select an actual number, instead, your bet covers 18 numbers. The chances are 47%, and the payout is 1:1, which means you can win only the amount you wagered.
- Even or Odd numbers: another 47% chance bet option, it also covers half of the numbers and the payout is the same.
- Color bet: you can choose from black or red, with 47% chance of winning. This is the most featured betting option is online roulette strategies.
- 0: if you don’t like money, you can place your bet on zero. There is a very low chance of hitting it, so don’t do this.
In case you are interested in online roulette, you might like to try out some strategies. Though the casinos won’t forbid you from doing it, be careful when you play for real money. To try your luck and test those tips and strategies, you can always play for free with the “play for fun” version of roulette. Roulette and every casino game should be a fun activity, so play for having a good time, not to break the bank! Have fun!