The greatest online experience – Playing live dealer casino games from Canada
The online gambling industry has become huge in the past 20 years. Since the first online casinos launched back in 1998, no one thought that there will be days when people can play for real money while they are sitting on the bus, and the live dealer games were a thing of science-fiction phantasmagorias. Though online casinos grant a wider range of games, fast payouts and safe gambling for the players, there is one major area where they lack: social features. While in a real-life casino you can see and hear people laughing, crying or cursing, while you play online you hear only the music and jingles of the game, aside from the sounds of your computer and the music you may be listening to. Live dealer games are the next step in online gambling, making playing online casino games more human-friendly: you can watch and talk to a flesh-and-meat dealer who is located in a studio. And what would be the best feature? If the live dealer games were played in the real casino, so you could watch and hear other people. Well, for now, you just have to settle with one live dealer, who is usually a quite cute and handsome girl!
Live dealer games: the next step of the online casino evolution.
We have tested several casinos so far, and we must say, many of them are standing strong in the live dealer studio front. How exactly this live croupier thing works? Well, first, they place a dealer and a table in a studio, set up the camera and the connection for the live stream, and that’s it. The dealer just waits you to join and make her do her (or his) job. The best live dealer online casinos must have:
- Optimized, top-notch software, which can grant you a smooth live stream and real-time response.
- A wide range of live dealer casino games, ranging from blackjack through baccarat to poker.
- Optimized and powerful mobile app for playing live dealer blackjack or other games on the go!
Live dealer online casinos: how do they work?
This type of online casino games is made to be easy to use and to feel like the real-life casinos. The tables are the same they use in brick-and-mortar casinos; however, you are not going to place your bets physically on the table. The dealer sits in front of you, and you can see her/his upper-body properly, just like you were in front of her. On your end, the gaming interface will be almost the same as in the computer-run games, only instead of the 3D roulette table, for example, you are going to see a real one, with a real croupier handling it! You can place your bets as usual, but since some live tables host several players, you may have to wait for the dealer to call “No more bets’.
The dealer will see everything you do, so you don’t have to worry about being left out of a round or something. Also, almost every live dealer online casino has a chat interface, where you can ask questions from the dealer, or you can tell her a joke. There is one main rule though: don’t blame the dealer for your losses, and for God’s sake, be nice!
Step by step:
- Join an online casino that has live dealer roulette, or any other live game you are interested in.
- Make a deposit. Note: live dealer games have higher minimum bet limits.
- Open the game you wish to play. Make sure the video is not lagging, and that you have a strong connection. Don’t use mobile internet for this type of game, though.
- Place your bets.
- Play the game.
- Pocket your winnings, or pray for a win next time!
The major advantages of live dealer games
- No random number generation: many gamblers switched to live dealer casino games because they feel that these are fairer than the RNG games. Well, we know that the computer-based games are fair too (at least in the top online casinos), but we have to agree that watching a real person handing the cards and spinning the wheel is much better.
- No bugs: apart from some lagging you may experience (probably an error on your end, or weak Internet connection or computer) there isn’t any chance of software bugs that might create a high house edge.
- Interaction: though you can only type in the chat, the dealer will answer your question on react using voice, so this might help ease the lonely feeling one might have when he plays at online casinos. In some online casinos, you can watch broadcasts, where the dealers are actually working as dealers in a casino.
The disadvantages of live dealer games.
- Slower gameplay: since the dealer has to handle multiple players, you will have to wait until everyone place their bets. Then the game can begin, and the dealer will tell everyone if they have won or lost.
- Higher bets: the live dealer poker, blackjack, or actually any live game requires you to place higher bets. While the RNG games grant you best as low as $0.10, the live games require sometimes a minimum $1 bet.
- The Strong computer is a must: you need to have an up-to-date computer or smartphone, and fast, reliable Internet connection. Keep in mind that streaming music on YouTube is not the same as a live video stream!
Bottom line on live dealer online casino games
Though this is still a new feature in online casinos, you don’t have to worry about running bored. In case you feel tired of the computer games, open a live blackjack window and give it a shot. The social experience and the live feeling of such games worth the higher minimum wagers. When you perform your own research, you may see that people claim that live dealer blackjack rigged or something. But don’t believe them, because the live games are actually even fairer. On our website, you can find the best live dealer blackjack, roulette and other casino games for Canada citizens. Check the reviews to find out which casinos offer live dealer apps and mobile friendly interfaces!