Online Poker Game
In Canada, online poker is legal, and unlike the United States, players from Canada can enjoy real money poker online, just as they can participate in tournaments and contests. Since online betting and casino games became a “thing”, the poker players have their beloved game implemented into online casinos and poker rooms. Nowadays, it’s quite easy to find online poker rooms, and if you know what’s good, you are going to consider the online poker websites we have reviewed.
How to find the greatest online poker websites?
We are constantly on the look for new sites, and we are regularly checking those that we have already reviewed. The number of online poker players grows by the day, and while there are new sites coming and going, those that were among the first to offer online poker are still around and are rocking hard. When you are playing poker for real money, and you also do it online, you should always consider looking for the websites that are fulfilling the following requirements:
- They have a tested, virus-free, secured software.
- Have lots of players, which means they have good payouts, nice prices.
- Great bonuses for new, and existing poker players.
- Different, but still high-quality poker games.
- Wide range of payment options, including bank transfer, credit or debit cards, web-wallets and prepaid solutions.
- Quickly happening withdrawals.
What to play online
At the top-notch online poker sites, we have here, you can find the best, and hottest variations of poker. Nowadays, there are four versions of poker played online:
- Texas Hold’em: played with seven cards, two facing down and only the player can see them and five facing up that everyone can see.
- Omaha Hold’em: similar to the Texas Hold’em, but in this case, the players have four down-facing cards.
- 5-card Stud: a traditional version of poker, played at many households on cold nights. The players get five cards, and they have to build up the best hand from that. They take turns in betting, and they can also drop cards and get now ones. The rules of this game are flexible.
- Razz: while the 5-card Stud aims for the best hand, the Razz’s main goal is to have bad hands, made up from five cards.
Every poker game has its own rules and their own ways to play. Texas Hold’em is a fast game, which you play against other players, and not against the house. In this version of poker, the players get two cards, facing down. When they receive them, the first round of betting begins, with one player calling a small blind (half the minimum bet), and the player to the left calls big blind, playing the minimum bet. The others will then can either call the bet, raise the bet, or fold (give up).
After the first bets are placed, the dealer places three cards on the table, facing up. The players have to build a good five-cards hand from their two down-facing cards and from the three on the table. There are two more betting rounds, and the dealer places two more cards on the tables. After the final round, every player who didn’t fold, have to reveal their cards. The biggest hand wins.
Here are the hands, going from the highest to the lowest value:
- 10, J, Q, K, A of the same suit is called Royal Flush
- Consecutive cards from the same suit are called Straight Flush (e.g. 4,5,6,7,8 of hearts)
- When you have four of the same card, you have a “Four of a Kind” hand. e.g. 4 Aces
- Full House is when you have three of a kind and a pair (e.g. three 3s, and two 8s)
- When you have five cards of the same suit (with no consecutive order or whatsoever), you have a Flush.
- If your five cards count consecutively but are not from the same suit, you have a Straight hand.
- Three of a Kind is if you have three of the same card (e.g. three 9s)
- If you have two of one card and two of some other, you have a hand called Two pairs (e.g. 8,8, K,K, 3
- Last but not least, there is the One Pair hand, when you have only two of the same. (e.g. 8, 8, 4, 5, 2).
- Even if you don’t have a recognizable hand, you might get out of the match as a winner, if the other players have bad hands: the highest card in hand decides who wins.
Poker table types
There are basically two online poker tables: the tournaments, and the sit and go tables. The tournaments are suitable for those who have time, and who know and like to play poker. Every play at the tournament table starts with the same amount of money (or credit chips), and the tourney goes on until one of them takes all. While a tournament can go on for hours, the sit and go games are much faster: you virtually sit down at a table, play a few rounds, and leave whenever you want. You can decide how much you want to wager, and you can keep the money you haven’t put on the table when you leave.
FAQ: Is it possible to play poker online for free?
Yes, it is. As most online casinos, the most reputable online poker rooms offer their services for practice players too. You have to play against the house, though, and it’s usually RNG software.
Are there any mobile online poker options?
Yes, mobile poker games have been around for a few years, and nowadays, they offer a great experience on mobile for even real money gaming too.
Is online poker legal in Canada?
Tricky question but yes, at this time you can still play poker for real money on international sites without any repercussions.
Online poker is way too exciting to miss it, so if you have a chance to play it, do so. The top poker websites we list on our site offer you all of the popular poker versions. If you are new to this, or you are a seasoned pro, you shouldn’t forget to claim the bonuses, so you can have even more money to play with, giving you better chances to win big!