Craps is played with dices, and it’s among the most popular casino games, both in the real-life establishments and in the online casinos. As a player from New Zealand, you can play craps legally online, with only one difference: you are not going to share the table with others. Craps online game is also popular in many big casinos like Jackpot City, Spin Palace NZ.Craps online is a kind of lonely game, and that might have an impact on you in the long run. However, the game is fun, the chances are fine, and there is always hot and fast action taking place at a virtual craps table. You shouldn’t worry if you don’t know how to play: our craps online guide will tell you what you need to know about it!
|Casino||Rating||Welcome Bonus||Payout %||Play Now|
The rules of craps
Craps is one of the most played “multiplayer” games in brick and mortar casinos. People standing around the table, cheering or cursing is an indicator of a craps table. Usually, there is a croupier, handling the chips, and there is a player who throws the dices. If you want to play, you just have to enter the game and make your bets… However, online craps games are different. In an online casino, you have to click on the button (usually called “roll”), to make the come-out roll, then you have to place the bets and roll again. The computer “rolls” the dices, and the random number generator decides the final number. The come-out roll is the first roll of the game, this decides the course of the following session. There are several ways to place your bets before a come-out roll:
- You can place a bet on the so-called pass line: if the come-out roll results in a 7 or an 11, you win.
- You can place a bet on the don’t pass line: there are outcomes called “craps”, these are 2, 3, 12. If you placed your bet on the don’t pass, and these numbers are rolled, you win. If you placed your bet on the pass line, and the computer rolls “craps”, you lost.
- You can place your best on numbers: these are called points. Every possible number is playable, excluding the pass line number (7,11) and the craps numbers.
- Odds bets: you can combine it with pass line bets and come bets too. This a kind of side bet, which pays if a point number is thrown before a 7 or 11. Many online craps strategies focus on odds bets because they pay higher rates than the simple bets.
After the come-out roll, you can place odds bets, and one other:
- Come or don’t come: if the round begins, these bets can be placed. They actually work as a come-out bet for every roll until the end of the round. You can also combine these with odds bets.
How a game of craps online ends
It’s really simple, and though the variety of bets might make this game look intimidating at first, you have nothing to worry about, it’s not that hard to understand. There are three ways for a game of craps to end:
- The shooter (in this case the computer) rolls a 7 or an 11. In this case, the bets placed on the pass line area of the table are winning bets, and the game is done.
- The computer rolls a “craps” number, so a 2, or 3, or 12. In this case, the pass line bets are lost, and the round is over.
- The computer rolls a point number (4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10). These are the point numbers if you placed a bet on one, and it came out, you’ve won. Otherwise, the game goes on until a seven is rolled.
To be honest, describing craps is not easy because there are many ways to bet. The online craps rules are simplified, fortunately, but we have to say, the best way to learn to play craps is to play it in a free-play or instant play version with game-money. This way, you can get familiar with layouts, the outcomes, and the betting options. Most of the online casino we have here for you offer a great number of free-play craps too, so you can spend time with it without risking your income.
Bonuses and online craps
Craps is pretty exciting, and it’s a very fun game. However, nowadays, the online casinos offer the best bonuses for people who play pokies. If you join a casino, you can claim a welcome bonus. You can use this bonus and your deposited money to play craps, but keep in mind: online craps doesn’t contribute towards the bonus wagering requirements. This means, that if you use up your real money balance and play craps with the bonus balance, no matter how much you win, it won’t count towards the wagering requirement. But, if you win, you can use the winnings to play on pokies and reach that unlock requirement.
FAQ: Isn’t craps forbidden in New Zealand?
No, online craps is available at nearly every online casino, and according to the laws regarding gambling, it’s perfectly legal to play this game. It is true only if you are playing in an international casino, though.
How can I play craps online?
You don’t need to perform any special action or do something unusual. You just have to open your favourite casino in your browser and look for craps. The downloadable casino software also grants you the option to play online craps (some offers even live version). For smartphones and tablets, the top casino game provider offers a mobile-browser optimized lobby, where you can find at least one craps version.
What’s the best bet on online craps?
Well, they usually say that you can’t be wrong with a pass line bet. However, most of the big-time players say that if you play pass line bet, you have to play odds bets too. Also, they say you should place more money on the odds bet than you place on the pass line: if you play with $15, place $5 on the pass line, and $10 on the odds. This way, you can get much better pay-outs. And why odds bets are great: there is no house edge on them.
Are there ways to break the bank?
No, there are no exact ways, methods or hacks to break the bank. You shouldn’t even play with this in mind: play craps for it is a fun game, which also happens to have bets where the house edge has been eliminated from.
Conclusion on Craps
Actually, craps is not an easy game. If you are a new player from New Zealand, you shouldn’t start your gambling “career” with craps, especially not for real money. Play for fun at first, and if you know the rules and have a good strategy, you can start playing for real money. Craps is even more exciting when you play it in a real casino, but nowadays, it has become even better to play online.